Ha! And we thought 2017 was busy! We’re looking for an Office Manager, Delivery Drivers and Team Members, and Marketing Interns to join the SVR Team! Think you would be a great fit? Read qualifications and how to apply below!
We’re hiring an office/business manager to handle our accounts payable/receivable, bookkeeping, and assist us with financial projections. We are a small but quickly growing vintage events business and need someone who is comfortable with being in a brand new position and putting systems in place. Light HR work would also be included.
Something Vintage is a growing events business specializing in handmade and vintage event rentals. This position is for someone who is extremely detail-oriented, organized, a very hard worker, efficient, and has a can-do attitude. We take pride in our excellent, positive team and we are looking for someone who takes pride in their work to join us!
- Maintain accounts payable
- Respond and organize tax/state notices
- Handle insurance payments/renewals/requests
- Monthly bookkeeping
- Create financial projections and figuring out ways to increase efficiencies, reduce waste, and increase revenue
- W-9 Requests
- Insuring new hires have signed all paperwork and have gone through appropriate training
- Extremely organized
- 2+ years office manager experience
- 2+ years of bookkeeping experience
- Proficient with Quickbooks online
- 4 year degree from US college trustworthy
- Quick learner
- Be willing to submit to a background check and drug test
- Comfortable working with growing small business
- Positive attitude with can-do approach
- Enjoys vintage furnishings
- Efficient and hardworking
- Enjoys being part of a young, women-led team
Our office hours are from 9-5 PM, M-F. We will need you for approximately 20-25 hours a week, with the opportunity for full-time work in the future. If you are willing to assist with other tasks like sales, there may be more hours available. You must have your own form of transportation as we are not metro accessible. We are located 15 minutes from Alexandria, 15 minutes from DC, and 30 minutes from Hyattsville. This is not a remote position.
Interested candidates, please email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.
Delivery Drivers and Delivery Team Members
We are looking for dependable, punctual, and hard-workers for setting up and loading furniture for weddings and events in DC, VA and MD area. We are a young company with an outstanding staff and we are looking to add another one or two people to our team for this weekend and for long-term employment. You must own a vehicle, be able to lift 75+ lbs, and have a clean driving record.
A typical shift is normally on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday and consists of loading, transporting, and setting up tables, chairs, and other furniture for weddings and events. Sometimes there are early mornings and there are often late nights and long hours. It is hard work, but you will have fantastic coworkers and be part of a growing company. Our inventory is vintage and antique, so you must be willing to handle all items with care.
- Can lift over 100 lbs
- Punctual, dependable, positive attitude
- Clean and valid drivers license and is comfortable with driving a commercial box truck. You cannot have more than one point on your record
- Owns a car to get to work
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Logistics or packing experience is a plus.
- Available on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Weekday availability is bonus.
- Willingness to work hard, work fast, and have a positive attitude.
- CDL is a plus
If you are seriously interested, please send an email with your qualifications and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Client Experience and Marketing Interns
Calling all interns! Do you like the wedding/event industry? Do you want to be surrounded by pretty, vintage things? Do you want to love your job? If so, check out our intern postings below! If you are interested, please submit a cover letter, resume, and examples of your work (for the marketing Intern) to email@example.com. You would work from our warehouse just south of Washington DC in Temple Hills, MD.
1. Marketing Intern
We are looking for an energetic, positive intern to help with our marketing efforts. We are entering our busy season and need a hand with marketing efforts on social media and in print/graphic design. You will be working under our Director of Marketing and may help on the client relations side as well. You will need to have transportation to and from our warehouse in Temple Hills, as our warehouse is not accessible by public transportation. This position is unpaid and will last for 6 months, but there is a possibility of a paid position after the initial period.
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and Creative Suite
- Well-versed in social media platforms
- Marketing background a plus
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Quick learner with a can-do attitude
- Experience with sales
- Assist in strategic social media planning and execution on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram
- Assist with capturing and analyzing social media metrics
- Monitor social media channels for emerging trends on which to capitalize
- Create optimized graphics for media platforms
- Assist in client outreach and retention strategies
- Assist with staging photos of styled set ups for marketing purposes
- Upload and organize styled shoot photos to Dropbox
- Assist in planning upcoming campaigns based on business drivers
- Add new inventory to pricelist
- Other tasks as needed
2. Client Experience Intern
We are looking for an energetic, positive intern to help with our client relations and sales efforts on the Something Vintage Team. We are entering our busy season and need a hand with with emails, orders, and client relations. You will be working under our Director of Client Relations. You will need to have transportation to and from our warehouse in Temple Hills, which is not accessible by public transportation. This position is unpaid and will last for 6 months, but there is a possibility of a paid position after the initial period.
- Experience with sales
- Highly organized
- Quick learner and willingness to learn
- Proficient with Google Docs/Sheets
- Can do, positive attitude
- Assist with creating proposals, invoices, contracts
- Draft emails to clients with guidance from Client Experience Manager
- Help prepare china and flatware for outgoing orders
- Print Pull Tickets and Delivery Tickets for Upcoming Orders
- Assist with Client warehouse visits
- Adding new inventory to pricelist
- Updating inventory software with new information about rental items
- Jump in where needed!
Interested candidates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and samples of your work.