We are looking to add Delivery Driver & Team Leads to our growing speciality and vintage event rental company located in Temple Hills, MD.
We are a women-led company with an outstanding staff and are looking to add new members to our team! You must have reliable transportation to get to and from work (we are not metro accessible), be able to lift 75+ lbs, are 26 years or older and have a clean driving record. A positive attitude, great customer service, and dependability are musts for this position! We rent our furniture for luxury events so professionalism is a must.
Typical shifts are normally a Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday and consists of loading, transporting, and setting up tables, chairs, and other furniture for weddings and events. Sometimes there are early mornings and there are often late nights and long hours. It is hard work, but you will have fantastic coworkers and be part of a growing company. Our inventory is vintage and antique, so you must handle all items with extreme care.
Your job role will consist of the following:
– Lead a team of 2-6 delivery team members
– Load and Unload a 20-26ft Box Truck
– Drive a 26ft box truck to deliver and pick-up from events located throughout the DC, MD, VA, PA, and NY area.
– Set-up speciality furniture at a wedding or event according to a layout or client direction.
– Ensure all deliveries and pick-ups run smoothly, furniture is not damaged during transit, and the team is working efficiently while providing excellent customer service to our clients.
– Punctuality and reliability is a must! We will pay you to be 15 minutes early to each shift. It’s that important!
– Professional and Friendly Demeanor. You will be the face of the company when onsite and will be interacting with the point of contact.
– Positive Attitude and a Team Player. You will be working early morning, late nights, and long days. Willingness to work hard, work fast, and have a positive attitude throughout your shift is a must!
– Communication. We are looking for someone who will stay in contact with the Something Vintage Rentals team throughout their delivery and pick-up and inform us if any problems arise.
– Critical Thinking and Decision Making. If there is a problem on your order, the team lead must communicate with Something Vintage Rentals logistics manager to fix the problem and ensure the client is happy.
– Leadership and Management Skills. You will be leading a team of 1-6 people on each delivery. You must assign roles to each delivery team member so you can complete each delivery as efficiently and quickly as possible.
Late March, April, May, June, August, September, October, and November: 20 – 40+ Hours per Week
January, February, Early March, July, and December: 10-20 Hours per Week
– 26 or Older
– Valid Driver’s License with Clean Driving Record (0 points on License)
– Experience and Comfortable Driving a 20 – 26ft Box Truck, especially in the city!
– Reliable Transportation To and From Work (We are NOT metro accessible)
– 1-3 years experiences moving, driving, and/or loading a truck.
– Ability to lift 75+ lbs
– Full availability Thursday – Tuesday, especially early morning and late nights!
– CDL is preferred but not required.
You will be asked to complete a drug test, criminal background check, and DOT exam upon hire.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability, your resume, and 1-2 sentences on why you think you’d be a good fit!