WE NEED YOUR HELP!
In the midst of the COVID-19 crisis, our DC area hospitals are running out of masks for their healthcare workers and have turned to the public to ask them to sew masks using online tutorials. With all of our events currently paused, those who can sew on the Something Vintage team are using their time to make face masks for those in need and we would love your help to boost our efforts! Would you or anyone on your team like to join our efforts?
How you can help with our Victory Mask effort:
1. Sew masks from your home! If you need materials or need to drop-off completed masks, we currently have them available for porch pick-up and drop-off at the following addresses:
- Prince George’s County – 6417 Forest Road, Cheverly, MD 20785. Please text (202) 834-8352 before coming. Material Pick-Up AND Mask Drop-Off Available.
- Alexandria County – 1716 W Abingdon Drive, Alexandria VA 22314. Please text (305) 772-6068 before coming. Material Pick-Up AND Mask Drop-Off Available.
- Montgomery County – Cavarly Drive, Rockville, MD 20853. Please text 301-221-2099 before coming. Mask Drop-Off ONLY.
More pick-up/drop-off locations TBD! Have any questions? Email us at info@
Please note, for completed masks, please drop them off at one of the following locations listed above in the plastic bin labeled “Victory Masks DC – Mask Drop-Off”. A volunteer will take the masks to one of the hospitals in need. We are trying to reduce the burden on hospitals during this busy time by only taking bunches of 50+ to our hospital POC rather than have individual sewers take them as they finish.
2. Donate money or fabric. 100% of the donations will go towards making the masks. Anything left over will be donated to the Centers for Philanthropy COVID-19 Response Fund. All donations can be sent to the following accounts:
3. Volunteer to deliver the completed masks to a local hospital. We will give you the address on where to pick them up and where to drop them off at. Just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!