Want to join the SVR fam? We are now hiring for not one, not two, but THREE new positions! We want to give you alllll the deets, so we’re dedicating a blog post to each of these positions. Last but not least, we are looking for a bad a$$, go-getter sales lead!
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about Something Vintage and our mission to spread joy through our vintage and handmade rentals. The ideal candidate will have experience in sales and the event industry, will be very goal-oriented, have a positive can-do attitude, impeccable attention to detail, and an eye for good design and style. We need a people person who is willing to reach out and develop relationships with new clients, as well as meet with venues and corporate planners. A passion for design is a must, with a proclivity towards fun and BOLD style! At SVR, we consider our team family, and we’re looking for someone to grow with us as a business.
All about that work-life balance!
Shifts will generally be 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, but the position will include at least one weekend a month answering calls remotely, as well as after-hours social events and occasional onsite setups. If desired, 20-30% of the position can be worked remotely. If alternate hours are needed on a particular day, we are generally flexible and can accommodate that request!
- Building relationships with new event venues and nurturing relationships with existing venues
- Establishing partnerships with caterers and planners we don’t currently work with
- Creating relationships with corporate event planners and nurturing existing relationships
- Create proposals and design layouts for new clients within 24 hours of inquiry
- Respond to email and phone inquiries from corporate clients, caterers, and new leads without planners, and create new proposals for them
- Assist other Sales Lead with answering phones
- Host clients for warehouse tours
- Recommend inventory items that look cohesive together and upsell inventory items when appropriate
- Meet our monthly sales goals as part of a team
- Assist with double checking pulled and loaded orders
- A people person with a positive attitude who enjoys meeting and talking with new people
- An eye for style and the ability to design upholstered seating areas, tablescapes, and event packages for clients
- Meticulous attention to detail to make sure proposals are accurate
- Can-do attitude who works well with others
- Problem solver
- Ready to pitch in wherever needed at SVR
- Must love vintage furniture and COLOR!
- Comfortable working as part of diverse team
- Access to reliable vehicle and the ability to drive to locations throughout MD, VA, and DC
- Extremely dependable and punctual
- Extremely organized
- Strong writing and verbal communication
- At least 3 years in a sales role with a track record of producing results
- At least 3 years in the events/wedding industry
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with Adobe Suite Programs such as Photoshop, InDesign, and Lightroom
- Experience with rental or CRM software is a plus
- Competency with Google Suite
- Commensurate with experience
- 2 weeks PTO, increasing annually
- 50% paid Blue Cross Health Care premium
- 3% matching Simple IRA contributions
- Ability to work remotely 20-30% of the time
If you think you might be a good fit and are interested in joining the fam, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We’re also hiring a Furniture Beautifier and Pottery Assistant, so be sure to check out our first two blog posts for more info!