Want to join the SVR fam? We are now hiring for not one, not two, but THREE new positions! We want to give you alllll the deets, so we’re dedicating a blog post to each of these positions. This round, we’re talking about pottery!
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about Something Vintage and our mission to spread joy through our vintage and handmade rentals. If you love quality, heirloom pieces as much as we do, this might just be the job for you! The ideal candidate will have experience hand building and throwing pottery.
All about that work-life balance!
Shifts will generally be 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM. We are currently hiring part-time help, with the possibility of full-time in the future.
- Hand build plates using a slab roller under the supervision of our Pottery Studio Manager
- Glaze plates and pottery
- Assist gilding plates and pottery
- Throw mugs, vases, plates, and bowls
- Assist with kiln firings
- Clean and maintain pottery studio after each shift
- Experience hand building pottery
- Experience with using a pottery wheel to throw plates, vases, mugs, and bowls
- Experience glazing pottery
- Meticulous attention to detail to make sure inventory is picture-perfect
- Can-do attitude who works well with others
- Problem solver
- Ready to pitch in wherever needed at SVR
- Comfortable working as part of diverse team
- Access to a reliable vehicle and the ability to commute to our warehouse which is located in Temple Hills, Maryland
- Extremely dependable and punctual
- Proficient with wheel throwing
- Experienced with slab rolling and hand building plates
- 2+ years of pottery experience
- $17 an hour
- Overtime is 1.5x
- Additional benefits available for full-time employees
If you think you might be a good fit and are interested in joining the fam, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re also hiring a Sales Lead and Furniture Beautifier, so be sure to check out our other two blog posts for more info!