Want to join the SVR fam? We are now hiring for not one, not two, but THREE new positions! We want to give you alllll the deets, so we’re dedicating a blog post to each of these positions. First up, Furniture Beautifier!
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about Something Vintage and our mission to spread joy through our vintage and handmade rentals. If you love to paint and refinish furniture, this might just be the job for you! The ideal candidate will have experience painting with both sprayers and brushes, staining wood, and stripping & sanding furniture. We also ask that you be able to pitch in and help prepare and pull rental orders when needed!
All about that work-life balance!
Shifts will generally be 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM with full-time hours available during our busy season, and part-time hours available December-March and July-August.
- Paint furniture, bars, shelves, and backdrops prior to delivery
- Paint and touch up frames of furniture
- Touch up dining tables with stain and sealant as needed
- Touch up and re-stain dining chair collections
- Strip furniture frames
- Clean tables as needed and remove wax
- Clean furniture as needed
- Help pull orders and pitch in where needed
- Experience using paint sprayers and brushes
- Experience staining furniture
- Experience stripping furniture
- A positive attitude
- Meticulous attention to detail to make sure inventory is picture-perfect
- Can-do attitude who works well with others
- Problem solver
- Ready to pitch in wherever needed at SVR
- Comfortable working as part of diverse team
- Access to a reliable vehicle and the ability to commute to our warehouse which is located in Temple Hills, Maryland
- Extremely dependable and punctual
- Must be legal to work in USA
- Proficient with paint sprayers
- Proficient with staining and stripping furniture
- Knows how to sand furniture and tables
- $15.50 an hour
- Overtime is 1.5x
- Additional benefits available for full-time employees
If you think you might be a good fit and are interested in joining the fam, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re also hiring a Sales Lead and Pottery Assistant, so be sure to stay tuned for more info!