Don’t you feel as if life is playing a cruel trick on you when you find just what’s you’ve been looking for at the store and the price tag is larger than your weekly paycheck?
If you’re planning a fall wedding, and love the idea of orange bridesmaid dresses, we’ve found a great treat for the bride (or bridesmaid!) on a budget.
The two dresses on the left are definitely cruel tricks. They’re beautiful, but the pricetags are each over $1,000
. Similar in color and style, the dress on the right is only $36
Now, that’s a wonderful and welcomed treat!
Fall Knits by somethingvintagerentals
After months of sleeveless sundresses and bare legs isn’t it exciting to start putting on and shopping for new knits? Whether you’re the kind of person who likes to knit as an activity – or just the type that loves to wear knits – it’s easy to get excited as the seasons change.
After watching this video – you’re not only going to be excited for knits – but you’re going to want to go out and buy a knitting machine to make yourself a Bill Cosby sweater!
Once you’ve returned your RSVP card to an afternoon tea party it’s time to decide what to wear. Whether this is your first tea or you’re a seasoned veteran here are some tips and reminders!
1. A dress or pants-suit is a great base to your outfit. Choose a color and style appropriate for the season and your age. Spring and Summer tea parties tend to be more informal, while Autumn and Winter teas are more formal.
2. Read your invitation for specific accessory requirements. Do you need to wear a hat? Gloves? Is it a playful or children’s tea party where costume jewelry is encouraged? If there are no special requirements we suggest finding authentic vintage pieces to accompany your outfit.
3. For an outdoor tea party wedges and flats are the practical footwear choice.
4. Bring a light jacket, sweater, or shawl. If the tea is formal, exposing your arms might be considered taboo. The weather or air conditioning could also create a chilly environment; this way you’ll be prepared!
5. Wear a smile and bring a positive attitude. You’ll surly meet new people at the tea and will want to make a great first impression.
Blue shoes can be a great way to incorporate “something blue” into your wedding attire. Here are some tips to find the perfect pair for your big day.
Narrow your search when looking online by the most important criteria first. Too broad a search will overwhelm and too narrow a search will become frustrating. Allow yourself 2 or 3 non-negotiables (example: must be aqua and have a high heel), but after that keep the search (and your mind) open. Great places to search are Shopstyle
, which collect photos of top products. Don’t forget international sites like Yoox
that may have lesser known European brands- that’s where I found my aqua patent pumps!
Remember there are many shades of blue out there. Do you need a specific shade to match the decor? Maybe you don’t know quite yet, and that’s okay! We have shoes in cobalt
, and aqua
already organized on our pinterest
page. Try similar words in your search too (light blue can be described as baby, powder, turquoise, robin egg, angel, cyan, sky, and pastel).
Once you have an assortment of color appropriate shoes – the pair you pick should also complement the atmosphere of your wedding. At Something Vintage, we understand paying attention to small details like show color hard. Don’t give up though – it’ll be worth it in the end!
Here are some examples of lovely blue wedding shoes.
aqua blue satin pump is conservative (as it covers your entire foot) with a hit of sex appeal from the peep toe. Perfect for a Classic and Feminine Wedding.
Blanca Watersnake Pump is always a perfect 10, whether a barn wedding or at four star hotel. How can you go wrong with a deep color and amazing texture like this?
cobalt blue satin pump has a sky high heel with rhinestones and a platform front. Perfect for a Trendy and Edgy Wedding.
navy blue and white slingback heel screams 1940s with it’s peep toe and bow detail. Perfect for a Vintage Wedding.
aqua blue t-strap sandals with gold buckles and toe plate are light and airy. Perfect for a Beach Wedding.
navy blue suede and glitter heels have a lot of character. Wearing these would be a cause for celebration! Perfect for a glamourous wedding.