Welcome Spring! We played host to Washington DC creatives at the Spring Social at Fathom Gallery to mix, mingle and toast to warm weather with a fresh spring soiree! Heirloom Catering & Event Styling in collaboration with Lauryn Prattes Events transformed the gallery into a stunning floral scene with lush arrangements from Sweet Root Village and thoughtfully placed lounges and bars from yours truely Something Vintage Rentals!
No creative detail was skipped at this spring fête! Guests indulged in spiked juices from JRINK Juicery and got their sweet cravings fixed with ice cream sandwiches from Nyce Cream and miniature cherry pies from Buttercream Bakeshop. Custom calligraphed signage by Laura Hooper Calligraphy was the cherry on top at this stylishly designed soiree!
Looking at these pics totally brings a smile to my face—that sofa, affectionately named “June” is one of my favorites. I mean, you can’t beat that cheery color! Thank you Style Me Pretty Living and Modern Luxury DC for the feature!
VENUE: Fathom Gallery || PLANNING & STLYING: Heirloom Catering and Lauryn Prattes Events || FLORALS: Sweet Root Village || Catering: Heirloom Catering, JRINK, Nyce Cream || PIES: Buttercream Bakeshop || CALLIGRAPHY: Laura Hooper || PHOTOGRAPHY: Abby Jiu || DRINKS: Wild Poppy Life ||
Do you like vintage, pretty items, know how to style a tablescape, and have wicked social media skills? Then you might be right for the Something Vintage Team! We are looking for a Marketing Associate to lead our marketing efforts and assist with sales. We are a small, but growing team with family-like atmosphere. The perks? You get to be around fun people, pretty things and offer lunchtime workouts!
Here are the details:
Something Vintage Rentals is looking for an in-house Marketing Associate to lead our marketing and social media campaigns to raise the profile of our boutique rental company as well as assist with client relations/sales. This position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the marketing of Something Vintage Rentals’ products and services. In this role, the successful candidate will develop and maintain marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives. This position entails working with the owner to continue executing our marketing strategy that would include updating our website and blog, deploying email campaigns, growing social media platforms, and printing and distributing marketing materials. This position will be about 30 hours a week with opportunity for full time. Applicant would also be expected to assist with sales and customer relations when needed.
- Develop and execute marketing/PR plans
- Creating engaging content for Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Snapchat, Twitter and while upholding company’s brand identity.
- Create engaging email campaigns with target audiences
- Track and report on key metrics across social channels and blog and use findings to maximize growth opportunities
- Quickly develop expertise in wedding/event industry
- Help organize and execute photoshoots and marketing events
- Style posts for social media and blog in our warehouse
- Manage relationships with advertising platforms
- Assist with both inside and outside sales to support our current Sales lead
- Photograph new inventory and upload to our website
- Manage client experience, including handwritten thank you notes and requests for reviews–calligraphy experience is a plus!
- Attending networking events would be a huge help
- BA in Marketing
- At least 2 years professional experience in a marketing position
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms and trends
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with using WordPress
- Previous experience in the events industry is a big plus
- Experience with media photography
- Understands the importance of visual point of view
- Experience and skills in styling props for photography
- Experience in sales
- Knowledge of CSS/HTML would be hugely helpful
- Positive, upbeat demeanor with a can-do attitude
This part-time position will be based at the Something Vintage Rentals warehouse in Temple Hills, Maryland. Applicants must have own vehicle, as public transportation is not readily accessible.
Interested parties should contact us at dawn at something vintage rentals dot com. Thank you!
We had the huge honor of designing the lush flowers and providing upholstered and vintage rentals for Mackenzie and Josiah’s wedding this weekend at the Women’s National Democratic Club in Washington DC. The stunning bride Mackenzie was a dream to work with—she gave us the creative freedom to create loose, garden inspired florals as well as help design the ceremony layout with all upholstered furniture (yes, major heart eyes!). We loved the way everything turned out and are so happy that she and her guests did too! And will you check out her custom made dress?! That color!!
We had a ball desiging her garden style bouquet! A huge thank you to the SVR Team and Mackenzie’s awesome vendors who were a dream to work with, especially New York-based Yaz Quiles and Amy Anaiz.
VENUE: Whittemore House // National Women’s Democratic Club || PLANNER and DESIGNER: Yaz Quiles, Pop! by YAZ || PHOTOGRAPHY: Amy Anaiz Photography ||